We want to highlight that although our shield can be made to operate in server mode with your own custom code/library, our library itself does not provide this functionality directly
as we only provide client mode support at this time.
Technical Details at a Glance
- On board logic level shifters provide true 3.3V compatibility for SD Card and other on board peripherals
- Built in SPI/I2C-UART Bridge frees’ up the dedicated Arduino UART for other Shields/Devices
- Flexible GB-Links’ allow easy alternate CS and I/O configuration.
- Unique GB-iMac identification for ‘internet ready’ connectivity.
- micro SD Card slot for data storage, web pages etc.
- Support to add an Arduino Pro Mini†
- External power connector† for standalone operation with On board 3V3 and 5V Voltage regulators.
- Support for offboard* 4DSystems fantastic serial LCD and OLED modules via 4DSystems standard 5 pin interface (See above).
- Included libraries and Arduino example code developed especially for out of the box driving of 4D Systems LCD’s using our shield.
† These are not officially supported or tested for this revision.
*i.e. LCD module is not mechanically supported by this shield, see our LCD Shield for mechanically supported LCD modules.